ADD / ADHD Community
Worse case scenario or worse case period!?..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

What can happen if adhd is left untreated and the individual goes threw serious family social and relationship problems that caused a near death experience what is the worst case scenario and what treatment should I try due to my age and multiple mental problems and I also had a brused brain and brain contusion I have no idea what that is can someone please help till I can get insurance and real help I just need answers after the coma and lack of treatment of adhd I neve saw any x-rays from my multiple fractures or knew what really happened just that I woke up and was in the hospital and I want to know if that can seriously play a role in the way I think (negatively)
I have been three so much at such a young age an I've researched a lot on adhd these past days and according to satistics I am the worst case scenario I've been addicted to drugs I've almost died didnt graduate high school had a child and an early age (16yrs old) my relationships with my mom dad grandma baby mama daughter brothers have all seized to exist all frown upon me and disown me due to bad choices and actions made out of impulse i don't know what's wrong with me but can you help or diagnose?...

Oh yeah ima sex addict...
Tags: ADHD, coma, head trama, fractures, Bruised brain stem
     Kind of sounds like you had a serious accident that led to a head injury.  Probably got a concussion, which is why you don't remember much.  I bet you have had some nasty headaches for several days.  Most people do recover from these things, but there will probably be some lingering effects.
   You have answered your own question, when you asked, "What can happen if adhd is left untreated."   Your life is a pretty good textbook case of what can and does happen.  There are studies that show that you are not the only one with these problems, it is much more common then you would think.
   It sounds like you have had a pretty good "wake up" call.    The fact that you are researching ADHD and what it means is an excellent first step.
    I suggest that you also check out an adult AD/HD web site called - Jeffsaddmind found here - http://jeffsaddmind.com/for-first-time-visitors.  You will find a lot of very helpful information from people who have AD/HD.
   I think that as you learn more about ADHD and can start to educate those in your family, you will see some changes in their perception of you.
You might suggest that they check out  - http://www.help4adhd.org/en/about  -   as a starting point.
    If I can provide any more resources to you about ADHD, please let me know.  Best wishes.
Ok I did take medication and was in treatment but it stopped due to my fathers lack of knowledge. And I was probably like 7yrs or 8yrs old and in my accident the doctors said it was a brain contusion and I had a brused brain stem that left me in a coma for two months then a dark hickie looking bruse formed on my neck over the brain stem and I still have frontal lob headaches which they said had revived a lot of the damage due to the force trama that they said was similar to shaken baby syndrome and I was wondering what kind of affect that could have on my adhd due to the fact that that after the accident my life went into a quick downward spiral I lost my job my child's mother my daughter my grandma a lot of family exiled me cause of my (crazy behavior) now I know that was possibly adhd but was I always like this or did the accident worsen it cause I've never noticed that I've had it so bad cause from what I read and all the statistics make me see that it's not all my fault as I've been lead to believe or just straight out blamed like my child's mother did she imeaditely  started to blame or as my friends said brain wash me cause I couldn't remember and she "filled in the blanks" that I had but it didnt seem right to me and still doesn't I just want answers