Aa
A
A
Close
add question
Is it possible to grow out of ADD?
I was diagnosed wig ADD at 7 years old, and ny mom stopped my meds because they were basically harming me. People have told me that you can grow out of it, and others say its always going to be with you.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
189897 tn?1441130118
     Everything I have read says that it will be with you forever.  However, you learn to compensate - or self medicate.  A very good site for adult ADD is totallyadd.com.  It sounds like you  really need more info on ADD and this site has tons.  I will always be glad to answer your questions too.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
A while ago it was believed that everyone outgrows their ADD but closer evaluation has shown this is not true.I have however have heard of some that do say that it is possible to outgrow your ADD. But as Sandman has said many have just learnt to develop coping mechanisms to help them compensate.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1548028 tn?1324616046
I don't think you out grow the ADD/ADHD but with age and maturity learn to deal with it better.  I think this is really on an individual basis.  It depends on what you are doing in life as to whether it interupts your path.  I believe you can go to ADD/ADHD.com and it has a questionnaire as to whether it has gone from childhood to adulthood and is causing any problems.  Read about it and see what you think.  Goodluck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
San Pedro, CA
ADD / ADHD Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703