adderall and tryint to concieve soon
I am a 26 year old female who was diagnosed with ADD back in September. I had been treated by another psychiatrist for five years as bipolar. She said my problems were manic episodes. Since changing my meds to the add treatment I have been doing much better. I take a small dose of 15 mg xr a day. I was married last April and we want to start a family. I know that I must get off all my meds I also take klonopin for anxiety but I have already reduced my dose from 3 mg a day to a 1/2 to one a day depending on how I feel. I do have concerns about how to get off the adderall safely and what medications would be safe during pregnancy that would allow me to function. I see my Dr on the 22nd and I will discuss this with her, but I'm worried that then she will take me off of it immediately without any sort of help, like tapering or other medications. I truly am a mess without it but I don't believe I am addicted. Any information would be helpful, I realize I don't have a clear question but any input is appreciated.
   I think that one of the best links I have seen on this is here -
     http://www.additudemag.com/adhd/article/3991.html
   I would also suggest that you check out an adult ADD site like this one - http://jeffsaddmind.com/for-first-time-visitors
    Besides giving lots of good info on ADD.  It also has some good stuff on anxiety.  The more you learn about ADD, the easier it will be able to deal with it.   And your story does not surprise me.  It seems like ADD and females not getting diagnosed has been going on for a long time.  
    Hope this helps.  Please post if you need more resources.  Best wishes!
Thank you so much for responding to me, I was starting to think no one was going to. I will read up on those sites thank you. It's sad that you can be misdiagnosed and treated with bipolar meds for so many years and then see a Dr who fixes everything in the first visit. So I'd just tell everyone to get a second opinion.