ADD / ADHD Community
adderall comedown --> marijuana

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

adderall comedown --> marijuana

my boyfriend was diagnosed with ADD in 3rd grade (he is 21 now). since then he has tried countless meds and finally found one that worked: adderall (adderrall).  however, he has pretty bad comedowns from adderall (adderrall), and gets achy and restless and generally miserable. in the past year this has caused him to turn to marijuana to help make the comedowns less miserable. problem is, it's become a vicious cycle and now he's dependent on this habit of adderall (adderrall) and then marijuana. it's affecting his health and his grades, and i'm not sure what can be done. are there other drugs similar to adderall (adderrall) without such comedown side effects?? he mentioned focalin as an option. what do you know about it in comparison to adderall (adderrall)? thanks so much.
Avatar n tn
My son used Focalin for the rebounding (which is what you are talking about) and it worked very well.  He had to stop the Adderall (adderrall) due to a family history of heart problems, and was switched to Focalin XR which works wonderfully for him with no side effects and no rebounding at all.
Avatar n tn
Hi, my step-son takes Adderall (adderrall) XR 20mg in the morning, then in the afternoon when he gets home from school -- that's about the time he starts coming down, he takes just regular Adderall (adderrall), not the extended release -- 5mg.  That seems to help and still lets him sleep at night.  That's what our doctor recommended and it seems to help quite a bit.
I too break my dosages down and it takes care of the crash - which was really hard before I did the extra dosages throughout the day.
i take Adderall (adderrall) XR 30 mg in the morning and regular Adderall (adderrall) 10 mg in the late afternoon and it works great.  It keeps me from getting "unglued" to say.  This really works for me.  Maybe he should talk to his doctor about trying that.  Hope things get better.

Evie
krichar commented on Moma_Cher's status
35 mins ago
hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
hansen20 in my 3rd trimester now!! c... Comment