Aa
A
A
Close
adderall comedown --> marijuana
my boyfriend was diagnosed with ADD in 3rd grade (he is 21 now). since then he has tried countless meds and finally found one that worked: adderall.  however, he has pretty bad comedowns from adderall, and gets achy and restless and generally miserable. in the past year this has caused him to turn to marijuana to help make the comedowns less miserable. problem is, it's become a vicious cycle and now he's dependent on this habit of adderall and then marijuana. it's affecting his health and his grades, and i'm not sure what can be done. are there other drugs similar to adderall without such comedown side effects?? he mentioned focalin as an option. what do you know about it in comparison to adderall? thanks so much.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
My son used Focalin for the rebounding (which is what you are talking about) and it worked very well.  He had to stop the Adderall due to a family history of heart problems, and was switched to Focalin XR which works wonderfully for him with no side effects and no rebounding at all.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi, my step-son takes Adderall XR 20mg in the morning, then in the afternoon when he gets home from school -- that's about the time he starts coming down, he takes just regular Adderall, not the extended release -- 5mg.  That seems to help and still lets him sleep at night.  That's what our doctor recommended and it seems to help quite a bit.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
355483 tn?1206189793
I too break my dosages down and it takes care of the crash - which was really hard before I did the extra dosages throughout the day.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i take Adderall XR 30 mg in the morning and regular Adderall 10 mg in the late afternoon and it works great.  It keeps me from getting "unglued" to say.  This really works for me.  Maybe he should talk to his doctor about trying that.  Hope things get better.

Evie
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1699033 tn?1443113373
Blank
JGF25 is optimistic...once again! Comment
2 hrs ago
Blank
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
16 hrs ago
982214 tn?1471458381
Blank
krichar commented on photo
19 hrs ago
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2
San Pedro, CA
ADD / ADHD Community Resources
Top Children's Development Answerers