ADD / ADHD Community
adhd

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

adhd

I have a child with adhd with anxiety, and a sleeping problem.  He has been doing well.  on strattera, and trazadone.  he is growing.  but now he is getting again "kicked out of daycare".  he is killing me.  Iove my son to death, but I don't know what else to do.  It seems he does this on purpose to get to be picked up by mommy to be be brought home.  I have read, listen and watched everything out there.  The one that works the best is Magic 1-2-3... but he is good at home....and horrible at school.  with the economy...I cannot afford not to work!  I don't know what to do.  My son is so smart, already reading, doing math, and more.  I don't know what do to.  He targets teachers at his school.  He "beats" them up.  He leaves his friends alone.  My son is a good boy.  I love him tons.  I am  lost.  We are again with the counselor, and doctor.  But I don't know what to do.  I am a  nurse, but I have no clue what to do with my son?

Thanks.
My I ask how old your son is?  If he is under the age of 5 or 6 he really should not be taking such stong ADHD meds or any for that matter.  The meds cause anger and can cause anxiety especially in children under a certain age.  The adhd meds are not approved for children under the age of 5.  So, really if he is smart and doing all these great things with learning and does not have issue with learning maybe it is something else entirely.  One thing is that you will definitely need to keep an eye on is that Strattera cause suicidal thoughts in children that is why they have a warning on the bottle or box.  This drug is extremely dangerous.  

Now, I have ADHD and so does my 11 year old son.  He has been doing ok on meds but he was not diagnosed until 5 and even then they would not put him on meds until he was 6 because that is what the ADHD meds state.  Check with the doctor or see someone else for a second opinion or third if needed and always do research as much as possible.

I hope this helps.