ADD / ADHD Community
do i have adhd or social disorder??.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

do i have adhd or social disorder??.

i wake up at 7 am feeling like a ******* robot just doing my day to day routine. i walk down stairs grab something to eat as i walk to the shower(if not just coffee). i get out of the shower and sit for prabably an hour or so and just drift away into my mind thinking of anything that i cant seem to find an answer to or figure out and also thinking of where im at, what has been accomplished and of course the never ending question why. as i get into my car on the way to college i smoke at least 2-3 cigarettes to school(10 minute drive) along with a big redbull. As this seems to be the only way i can keep my attention on what the hell is being said during lecture. i cannot stay in one postion for more then at most a couple minutes. I am constantly moving some part of my body whether it be tapping my pencil or my leg jumping up and down to keep me up and focused. as class ends i walk to my car without talking to anyone, get in, turn on the music and light up a cigarette for the ride home. on my way home i think of the 30$ gym member ship i have, then i choose to never go apparently. i get home and then lay on my couch to sit and recollect all that i have learned that day. coming to find out that i havent learned anything and my professors are idots.i sit through the political science power points and stare attentively  as if i was really learning and paying attention. But i am not listening to a single word nor am i reading anything. I just sit there inside my mind questioning everything and constantly unable to focus even on my own personal thoughts. On another note i am extremeley unorganized and hard to motivate when it comes to something that doesnt interest me.

-------this is just the beginning of a typical day and i am really starting to wonder if i have some form of adhd or social disorder, ive takes countless online tests which are supposed to tell you if you have adhd symptoms. All of which said that i was very likely but i have no idea how accurate they are. Just wondering if its time to see the psychiatrist or where to go from here. ~~feedback appreciated~
These sound like common signs of add and maybe some depression  you should  get a full mental health examine by a psychiatrist they can give you a proper dx and find the best treatment for you.How you go about this is different if you have a primary care Dr they can give you some names of a physiatrist in you area if you have insurance you can call the insurance company and the can give you a list of psychiatrist. If not then i do know if your school a a medical center if the do the can also help.So bottom line is you should see a Dr and get a dx and then go from there.
The least dramatic, but most likely, reason for your torpor is vitamin deficiency, particularly the B vitamins. Get yourself some heavy duty supplements to start with. One you begin to recover, reduce to maintainance doses.

And improve you diet. Make sure you get enough meat, vegetables, fruit, and fats. Yes, we need fats. Surprise, surprise! Cut out the junk and sugars.