does taking clonidine help for odd for a child
i have a 5 year old boy that currently has adhd, but for the past three weeks he has become very very defeint some time to the point that he gets aggressive, could he have odd along with his adhd, right now he is on 40mgs per day of vyvanse for adhd. his doc, gave him .1mg of clonidine to help with his aggreesion. does clonidine help with odd??how long does it take to see improvements??
It takes about 2 weeks.  However, Tenex aka Guanfacine might be a better choice.  If he can swallow a pill, there is a long acting version of tenex that is called Intuniv.  

My girl has ADHD and ODD with severe aggression.

NOTHING has helped BUT Guanfacine...really helps the ODD for her.

Good luck!!!
Angi  PS she is 6
technically from what I have read, there is really no med specifically for ODD, but sometimes they do give meds to help calm the person, so therefore they ahve less aggression.  I would mention the new aggression to your doctor, is it a side effect, etc??
My son was on Vyvanse and Clonodine for a long time and it was a life saver. He has ADHD and ODD as well. The doctor wanted to try Tenex. We did that for several weeks and I begged to go back on Clonodine. Tenex was awful for us! Clonodine is fantastic and helps him go to sleep at night!
If anyone wants to chat, I'm in the same boat~
***@****
My husband and I have very different coping mechanisms. Any input?

Rachel
Florida
My son also takes the clonodine but at night before bed. It does help him sleep but I have also heard that if given along with the ADHD meds it helps with the ODD. Is this true? Because his out burst are really having an effect on the whole family.