ADD / ADHD Community
focus issues
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

focus issues

My daughter who is 5 year old is having some problems in school regarding her focusing. she does not focus on her work, when her teacher gives her some work, like writing/copying form the board. She can do it when she gets one on one attn, and when she is on her own she seems to be lost or looking at others. When at home I give her time and so does my husband to  make her do the work(do writing). She is good at her reading rather above her level.
Related Discussions
505907_tn?1258372940
What exactly is your question? What you report sounds like the most typical problem of girls with ADHD -  "a deer in the headlights" I read once as a description. Is she diagnosed? I have ADHD and as a child I was "spacey" especially when it was something I was not interested in. However, despite my inattention, I learned to read early and devored books at a fast pace. ADHD kids are very often smart and gifted so there's nothing strange about that.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
ADD / ADHD Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...