ADD / ADHD Community
has anyone got any advice on been in a similar position!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

i have have 3 sons aged 9 4 & 2.each of them have issues.im trying to get help but I'm at a dead end!i have done so much research trying to find a possible solution as ive been struggling to get them help I have more questions!.the situation is frustrating for us all and makes me feel like I'm failing as a mother!
   I have have 3 sons.they are aged 9 4 & 2.they are wonderful little boys but each of them have issues I'm concerned about!i am constantly trying to get them help but I'm at a dead end!i have done so much research trying to find a possible solution as ive been struggling to get them referred for assessments I'm left with even more questions than before!.the whole situation is frustrating for us all and makes me feel like I'm failing as a mother!
      my eldest son has been assessed for dyspraxia and been found to not have it.his schools special ed co ordinator was positive it was his problem and seems to have given up on him.the worrying thing for me is he is loosing his self belief and confidence!!
      my middle son is finally awaiting assessment after 3 years of raising concerns but ive been told that could be another 9 months to a year away and his behaviours are getting worse by the day.his teachers and family members including his dad (we separated 6 months ago which I feel has made his behaviour and problems spiral and become more severe) are unsure if he has a problem.
       my youngest son is 2 in 2 weeks and receives 2 1/2 hours play therapy a week to help support him with his global delays but I don't feel it is helping him a great deal.we still have no diagnosis even though he has been assessed at a multi disciplinary team meeting.
    Answered you on the child behavior forum.  Didn't catch your remark above that he does not have dyspraxia.  Have they looked into ADHD or Sensory processing disorder?
I've written bk thanks! X
hi I just wanted to let you know the meeting went well and both my 9 y/o & 4 y/o are now awaiting assessments with psych n pead! :-)
   Great news.  I would assume that the assessment will involve both of their teachers.  You might want to pass on to them some of the information that you have learned about things like ADD or ADHD.
yes.i took the information you suggested with me.im sure that's what won them around!thankyou so much for your time and advice!ill keep you up to date!
krichar commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
hansen20 commented on hansen20's status