ADD / ADHD Community
having a really bad day

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

having a really bad day

ok i am not sure if this is associated with my meds or if its me in general but over the last week or so i have had like 2 either panic or anxiety attacks. i blanked out and paniced in the store and today i just seemed like i couldnt slow down mentally and physically i dont know what to do. i went to the gym and did weights for 2 hours and now still aggitated and calm at the same time. i dont know if i should stop the concerta or what. i cant get to my dr till friday and he is new so its gong to be an evaluation appt. but omg!! i feel like i have had about 4 pots of coffee in 2 hours all day!! i cant focus or function and i feel like i am invisible too. help me please. i just cant slow down!!

Geeeze, I feel for you.  My only thought is that typically the meds have a very constant effect on you.  It shouldn't all of a sudden do what is happening to you - unless you forgot you took the med and then doubled up- (but even then, I'm not sure that would be the response.  
   I would definitely take a look at any recent stress factors.  It sounds like you are a strong person.  You can suppress stuff for only so long and then it kind of builds up and finally you feel the effects.  Anxiety can do that to you.  And of course, if you have had  any medication changes.  Or any new foods or even energy drinks?
   going to the gym was a good idea, but I find out I don't zone out as much doing weights as I do hitting the treadmill.  
    I do believe that you can stop taking the concerta, but I don't know the size of the dose you are on.  Essentially, it should be out of your system by the morning which is why you have to take it every day.
    Anyway, hoping you feel lots better tomorrow.  Let us know what happens!
yeah i also find that running helps me totally zone out vs weights. i am debating today to do cardio or weights i used to be able to do both, but the laziness hit.  not good. but anyway, i dont know i never learned how to deal with the adhd symptons or how to work with it. i have very poor concentration and focus and am giving up driving soon due to finacial and also because i am not a good driver. :(  so biking or bus here i come. lol!! can you suggest any good sites to read up on adhd and how to manage it daily. i mean i just am so bad and so hyper it scares me

lynn
     My bad, I usually do that.  Besides here (of course), I have found that two of the best sites due to feedback from the people who post and the design of the sites are: totallyadd.com and
http://jeffsaddmind.com/for-first-time-visitors.   You can get totally lost in these sites as there is so much info.  I really think that you will find them helpful.
   Hope things are going better today for you!