ADD / ADHD Community
how can i get prescribed to xanax, or something like it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Ok, i have been on adderall (adderrall) xr 30 mg, once a day for a few years for my ADHD. The only bad part is that i have severe anxiety. I have been to so many doctors, and have taken every anti-depressant available, and buspar. None of them have prevented me from having panic attacks. It has just recently gotten very bad. Im so anxious all the time, my heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest, i can't breathe, i can't swallow, and i feel like i am seriously about to die. At first i thought there must be something wrong with my heart.......or that the adderall (adderrall) was giving me high blood pressure. The adderall (adderrall) definitely makes my heart beat faster, but i know the anxiety plays a big role in the other symptoms. I have these symptoms every single day. I can't breathe, my chest feels heavy, and my heart feels like it is beating so hard that it's about to burst. I don't understand why i can't get a doctor to prescribe me to anti-anxiety medication like xanax. I have taken one before and it made me feel.....for once in my life.....like a normal human being. I know that doctors are reluctant to prescribe it because it is highly addictive, but it just seems like it is so easy for everyone else to get it, and most don't even need it. I am someone who could greatly benefit from xanax......it's not like i haven't tried eveything else! Does anyone have any advice on how i could get this?
My persoanl opinion is that you have your meds evaluated it is known that Adderal can cause side effects , google it your self , possibly the anxiety you feel is one of the side effects, you may at your age be able to wean off and be happier taking nothing....except Vit B Complex Vit C and some fish oil...
Look this up,VNS it is used for depressant and also seizures,when all other medicines are not working.

And yes the side effects from other medicines you have tried can cause a lot of bad things to happen to you ,and make things worse.

I know first had because my 10 year old has them since 2006,and cant be reversed.

god luck with everything and god bless you.