ADD / ADHD Community
how likly is my child to have adhd or add?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

yes just a question ..i am currently 37 weeks pregnant and i have adhd and my fiancee the babys dad has add ..is adhd or add passed on and how likley is my child to have one of these?or both
im not a doctor but there is a 1 in 5 chance they may have adhd or add.
I have actually heard it is a lot higher chance than that if both of you have it. Four out of five of us have it in our family. Can you imagine! My husband is a saint. He is the only one without it and keeps us all on track. My advice if you haven't done this already is read, read, read as much as you can about it. It will not only help your child out, but it will help you improve your life. I would actually read bits and pieces to my husband so he learned a great deal too. There is actually a book called "Mom's with ADHD". It is awesome.  Your life becomes very hectic w kids whether they have ADD or not. Also, check into CHADD. It's the nationwide support group for ADD. Every major city has one. My group has been amazingly helpful. There are people who have ADD, spouses of people w ADD, and parents w kids who have ADD attending. Good luck and remember there are LOTS of pluses to having ADHD!
hansen20 commented on renae176's status
hansen20 commented on veronica0808's status
hansen20 commented on renae176's status