ADD / ADHD Community
how to know if my child is really has adhd

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

good day! how will i know if my child really has adhd without going to a child developmental psycho.beacause it cost much for us.my child is 7years old.
That is a really tough question as I think (my opinion only) that ADD/ADHD is somewhat subjective anyway and lots of things get lumped into that category.  I try to work from the perspective with my kid of what we can do to make him happier in his enviroment.  Then I'll use whatever resource I can (and afford) to make it happen.  Where do you live?  If in the US, perhaps your local school system can be of help.  But make sure you look into all avenues such as sensory integration disorder, auditory disorder, or just a kid who needs something a little different than what is being offered them in their current school setting.  And I think if I wasn't sure-----  I would try some things that help with the nervous system that wouldn't hurt my kid to see if it had an affect.  Sensory is treated with lots of physical activity and you can google sensory processing disorder and get lots of ideas that might help (look under "heavy work" which is really play that addresses the nervous system), etc.  There are dietary supplements that I am just learning about (so wouldn't be comfortable making any recommendations) Others can though.  Anyway, I have two kids----  one with a delay and one without.  Both my boys do the same things as the things that address my sensory kid's nervous system are good for my other boy's system too.  Just my thoughts on it.  Lots of luck!