husband and son both have ADD/ADHD
My husband is 57 years old and has clear cut signs of ADD.  He constantly loses things--wallets, phones, i-pods, cash, checks, glasses etc. etc.  He interrupts people all the time.  I don't think that I have finished a sentence in 28 years.  He also has rage issue and has recently added Abilify to his anxiety and depression meds.  He had a long term marijuana dependence until a few months ago.  I also found out 1 1/2 years ago that he has been seeing prostitutes for the past 16 years at least.  Does anyone know if he can add ritalin or adderol to his daily medications?
My 19 year old son has been diagnosed with ADHD and ODD.  He was been expelled from college after 2 months because of a drug arrest.  We had him in a boarding school for troubled teens for the last 20 months of high school.  He can't get from A to B without stopping at Q, X and R.  He has NO focus and get NOTHING done.  He is always late for everything.  We have had him a various meds but because of his age I cannot drag himto the dr. to get a new script.  He has been on adderol and either didn't take it regularly, sold it or didn't do anything about renewing it.  Recently he was on Lexipro with the same outcome.  He is obsessed with the "thug life" although we are educated, middle class people. He has been arrested 6 times and 3 of those have been in the last 6 months.  His father is a criminal defense attorney.  He watches The Sopranos over and over and loves any books or movies about the mafia.  I would appreciate an help and/or comments.