ADD / ADHD Community
i have fatigue after taking adderall(adderrall)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

i am a sophomore in HS and i take 30 mg adderall (adderrall) mon-fri at around 7a.m.. it helps alot with paying attention, but the main thing i like about it is the way it lets me think more efficiently without getting sidetracked by less important issues that i would normally branch off onto. but one thing symptom of adderall (adderrall), the suppression of appetite, is beginning to affect me strongly because i work out after school alot and because i dont eat much during the day, i feel very tired and weak during workouts. between the hours of 8a.m. to 2 p.m., i literally have no appetite. but i do try to eat because,obviously, i know that if i dont then i will be very tired come the end of the day/workouts. but i can never seem to eat enough, and i almost always feel very tired and out of energy after the school day, and that is seriously beginning to diminish my energy for physical activity. i can force myself to eat during the day, but i always seem to eat much less than needed. i really need to know the best foods to eat that would give me a great amount of carbs and amino acids, but without being more than a small meal, during the day. dont get me wrong, adderall (adderrall) doesnt make me sick or anything, it just keeps me so focused on school work and everything that my body doesnt demand food for the most part of the day. i just need the absolute best foods for extended energy that i can eat before workouts, earlier in the schoolday. but again they need to be somewhat small foods but with high levels of compact energy. any recommendations?
Try eating a big breakfast first, and then taking the meds. It works for me, and I'm okay all day since I lose my appetite during the day as well. Also, if you take 2 doses, like I do, don't take them too close together. If you take it at 8AM, try take the second one at 12noon, so you're not as tired after-school.
23, M, 150lbs, 5'11", skinny (hard gainer)
Prescribed 40 mg adderrall

I have the exact same problem...when I can't eat food while on adderrall I get mentally super tired...I know this is way late but for anyone else who cares...I smoke weed...helps with eating and sleeping and the occasional minor anxiety from my...but I only smoke at night when im settlin down so in the morning I like to use "Cyto-sport Cyto-gainer" I make it with milk, yogurt, a banana, assorted fruits, peanut butter lol and pretty much anything I can find in the kitchen thatll taste ok...most of mine have over 1200 calories, 150g carbs (around half are complex carbs from the mix) and around 120g protein...if its too thick to stomach while on the adderrall take out some items or use water instead of mixing with milk.
I agree with the idea of eating breakfast before taking it. I've been on Adderall (adderrall) for about a week now and have a hard time eating. So I started eating breakfast then taking it, helps alot. The other thing I went and bought were high protein boost shakes. Little pricey for a pack of 6 but definitely help when I can't get food down. Hope this helps.