ADD / ADHD Community
i wanna help my son
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

i wanna help my son

I live in Alpharetta GA (right outside of Atlanta) I'm looking for parents n medical professionals that can assist me with finding my 12yr old son and me with help... he has not been formally diagnosed with ADD/ADHD or even Dyslexia but I know he has one or the other... He can't pay attn, his focus is always off, he doesn't keep information learned in school in his brain..he's urinated in the bed since I can remember.. He's repeating the 5th grade now, we both have Sickle Cell Anemia I don't know what kind of meds he can take due to his blood concerns, or even if he can take something.  He's always had this focus problem - I got REALLY sick and his dad came to get him and took him to Indiana for about 4 1/2 yrs and was told of our sons issues but was too proud to admit that his son had a problem; therefore he wouldn't even allow them to give him an IEP testing, never took him for consel...as I got better and moved in with my mom I couldn't see him progressing and went to get him... Now here in GA I want to get him help. I'm on SS disability he has Cigna insurance but isn't cooperative with giving me the info on the docs and the internet for Cigna's site won't allow me to find docs in my area that accept that kind of insurance. I don't honestly have the extra funds for even a $20 co-pay, but I can beg it up if I can find a doc that can help me.  He doesnt' pay child support, but says "you better not sign him up for state assistance" but,  I feel like I should go apply for Medicaid... I know my son qualifies, you use to have it previously b4 he came to get him.

If there are any parent support groups I need one, if any of you know where I can go for help PLEASE let me know.  He is a good kid REALLY the teachers really like him but I'm getting ulcers due to the stress Im under because we work hard with him with the homework, he doesnt turn it in, his self esteem is low, but he reads so well, some of the kids tease him, and you know how kids say"your mama this, your mama that", well because I'm ill at times he takes that VERY literally and has begun to fight.. I don't want his issues that haven't been expressed and helped to make him become a behavioral problem because he's misunderstood, and he misunderstands himself....

If there is ANYONE out there that can help me, to help him be the productive boy I know that he is and can be, please help us!!! my personal email is ***@**** and of course I will also check your responses here...
Thanks so much... Maybe if he were around other kids that are like him he would feel better, for all we know he already is, it's just that he doesn't know that some of his classmates may be on meds but just like him. Sometimes I feel alone but I know I"m not so if any parents or med professionals can help us I BEG of you to reach out...

Thanks and be Blessed!!!