inattentative 7 years old
My 7 years old son just started the second grade. Every year he has begun either pre-school, kindegarten or 1st grade we've heard back from the teachers within a few weeks that he may have an ADHD problem. As a result we've gone through several evaluations ranging from, observational to clinical evaluations by a child psychologist, including occupational therapy, and a neurologist. None have made a diagonosis of ADHD. Rather than waiting this school year for the teachers call we acted proactively and have contacted the teacher for his first impressions after one week. The teacher is great and said that our son is a great kid but has noticed an inability to stay on task and that anything in his hand becomes a toy, e.g., a pencil after a few minutes will become a rocket shp and our son acts these imaginary ideas out, i.e., flying the rocket ship. He believes our son is a thinker and does good work, he simply doesn't stay focused on a given task for very long before he's off in "his own little world."

The question becomes are there behaviors he may display, that we parent don't notice or take for granted, that we can address in some manner that could help him develop a longer attention span?

Thanks for your feedback.
Try going the route of supplements , a recent study suggests "Food supplement Treatment ,All children and especially those with Learning and concentrating difficulties Benefit from a Multivitamin-mineral supplement with an antioxident, B Complex and Vitamin C,and maybe of equal Efficacy of Ritalin given to Children with ADHD. The last Teacher did well to say to you about your sons focusingand behavior and did not try to give you a scary diagnosis..
Teachers are not doctors and should not pretend to be. I am a teacher. Your son's teacher sounds like a GREAT teacher. His comments were based only on his observations of your son's behavior. What you do with the information is entirely up to you. It sounds as if you and this teacher can come up with a plan to help your son's attentiveness. I would discuss with this teacher any suggestions he may have of things you can do to help.