ADD / ADHD Community
is it ok to switch or just pull him off

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

is it ok to switch or just pull him off

My child is 8 years old and when he went into first grade he was diagnosed with ADHD the first year he went on Concerta i thought that he was doing well the highest dose we had him on was 36mg now about two month ago the doctor thought we should switch him to Vyvance to give him a longer affect we went from 30mg to 50 mg and then back to 30mg i did share my concernce with the doctor he just did not seem to enjoy going outside nothing would not excite, so the doc said to try putting him back on the concerta starting at 18mg and going to 36mg but is it ok to
Tags: child
It's okay to switch medicines as long as the switch is gradual.  Consider decreasing Vyvanse to the lowest possible dose, then stop it, then start Concerta at the lowest possible dose.  Monitor your son closely and perhaps ask his teachers how things are going at school.