job layed me off because my rx showed on a drug test
Random drug test at work and i filled the urine cup it tested positive for amphetamines ( my adderall )..they had all my rx info on file and still suspended me from work till the results came back...a week later was told my boss if it came back as just my adderall i would be compensated for the mandatory off time.. well came back as just my meds and i was allowed back to work asked about the payed time and the company now denied me the compensation.... so i am out a whole weeks worth of pay plus overtime due to my meds? Is this even legal?  Help!!!!
   Its possible that the communication between your boss and the company didn't happen.  You certainly have the right to ask questions.  You could nicely ask your boss about it or check with your human resources person.  The key word here is (if they keep giving you the run around) the Americans with Disabilities Act.  Its possible they may be in violation of it.  You might want to google it to see what it is about.  I do know that lawyers just love to go after companies in possible violation of it.