ADD / ADHD Community
med changed
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

med changed

i got a new dr and he canged me from adderall (adderrall) to methylin generic ritalin....do they have kinda same ingrediaents..it to be used for depresssion but he said i have some add symptoms also on on xanax and prozac,,he is upping my prozac...do u still have to avould caffine on  this new med and does it race heart to
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Ritalin is a steroid, it will cause your heart to race. Caffeine should be avoided and also Green teas, even if they are Caffeine free. Odd though! Do you have an anxiety disorder as well? Or is it just depression? Curious because that is a horrible idea to put someone with Anxiety on a stimulant.
Blank
   No ritalin is not a steroid.  Its easy to google it and see that.  
If you do have ADHD, then the caffine should not be a problem, but that is really something that you want to talk over with your doctor.
Blank
Maybe I'm getting Adderall (adderrall) and Ritalin confused then. Could have sworn I lost all motivation for life on Adderall (adderrall) and became even more hyper on Ritalin. Did I mention I'm dyslexic? But no Sandman is right.  
Blank
so maybe i will have better luck with ritalin...is it stonger than adderall (adderrall),im scaed i will be allegic to  it....i did ok on adderall (adderrall) as far as thats oncerned but thye are made of different chemiclas..pharmmist said its rare to be allergic ro these type meds but i dont know.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Toxic Herbicides in B...
2 hrs ago
982214_tn?1372877485
Blank
krichar commented on Moma_Cher's status
7 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1394988190
Blank
gymdandee commented on Toxic Herbicides in B...
7 hrs ago
ADD / ADHD Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...
Mar 26 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
1344197_tn?1392822771