ADD / ADHD Community
my brother is.so naughty

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

my brother is.so naughty

My brother never sits still. Hits my mum. Never listens. Wakes up at 6;20 every morning banging on my mums door. He breaks things in the house. When he can't get his own way he has a paddy. Spits and swears at my mum. Is this a sign of ADHD
     Might or might not be - really depends on a couple of things.  How old is he?
He's 7
   At age 7, he should be showing a little more self control.  If he is having the same problems at school.  In other words, if his teachers are actually complaining about the same things you are - then the possibility of him having ADHD is more likely.
    I just started reading a new book that I think will be helpful for your mum.  Its called "Raising Lions"  by Joe Newman.
   Also if you or your mom want to do more research on ADHD (cause his teachers are also complaining), here is a good site - http://www.help4adhd.org/en/about/what/WWK1
    Hope this helps!
Whatever it is, it is also your mother's problem. She allows herself to be spit at and sworn at.
She tells him its naughty and he gets disaplined but.nothing works as it just gets worse
He knows he is being naughty without being told. It is a question of choosing the proper discipline. Without more information it is difficult to make helpful recommendations.
Hi im a 28yr old mother of one and hes 10 yrs old he has add and adhd both and his behavior is way out of control he does the same thing to me as your lil brother does to your mom and it could be number of things that causes that type of behavior. My son is very good at school nut when hes home is totally different.
Hi, I'm a mum of 3 and my son has Adhd and so do I.
Like Angelbaby_28 my son doesn't act out so much at school because everything is timetabled so he knows what's coming next and he takes medication to help him with adhd too. . At home he is very different, he can be very difficult, demanding, verbally abusive and has hit us when challenged. It can be very difficult for brothers and sisters to deal with so it's very important you keep your mum informed how your doing and your point of view is always valid.
As to whether he has adhd, if his behavior has your mum worried too then she should write everything down, do some research and if it's something that needs looking at more, going to your doctor is the next step. It took us over 4 yrs to finally get the help he needed so don't give up.
Allmymarbles makes some good points, if we had dealt with his behavior differently when he was younger, life now his 12 yrs old would be easier and he knows when he is being naughty, when he acts before he thinks let's say shouts bad language or has had a tantrum or even hit me, he takes himself off, calms down and will come and say sorry after.
Please speak to your mum and if you can explain how much what your brother does upsets you . She might surprise you.  Take care