ADD / ADHD Community
one-track-mind

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

one-track-mind

My 19 year old son is a consistent honor student and is now in his pre-med school, aims to be a surgeon. However, i realized that he is having attention problems. Example he already lost 6 mobile phones in 6 months. When confronted with many issues/concerns he could not fixate his attention anymore more. He has a one-track-mind. Today he has realized he is "sick and needs professional help as he again lost his new mobile.  He is 100% in his Chemistry and Physics class, but despite this, he could "fix" his attention probreblems. Please help. Is this ADD? Can he still proceed to his medical proffesion? Seriously, i asked him, what will happen if he forgets the scissors inside his patients tummy because he is thingking of something else.....Help.
There is neurofeedback to teach focusing. Testing for learning differences. Adhd. Meds like ritalin. He can try to check do they help. Eeg to see brain waves are ok. Also I do notes. He needs a timer to check his phone. Make a habit of looking and taking it. Then he will learn automatic. Instead of on a timer. Works for everything!
    If he was an honor student through high school - and it was a high school with a good academic record on standardized tests (compared, say, to a private school that gives grades to make the parents happy) - then he should be fine in college.  The fact he is doing well in his chem and physics classes would support this.
   I think his phone is just too small.  Either get a real big one, or get a belt carrying case and make it a habit to always go from the belt to the ear and back to the belt.  Other ideas - epoxy a long flexible cord to it and tie that somewhere.  Maybe go bluetooth and keep the phone in its case all the time.
hansen20 commented on photo
1 hr ago
krichar Baby girl is 7 months now..... Comment
krichar commented on photo