pain from adderall
Hey, I was prescribed generic 10mg Adderall 1x per day by my psych, but when I tried it I felt slightly dizzy with ear stuffiness (the type when you fly on airplanes) accompanied by sharp, inner ear pain (in both ears). This lasted about 1.5 months.

Is there anyway to reduce this while taking adderall, and what could it be caused by? I was then switched to 18mg Concerta ER and I still get the same side-effects but they are about 85% less severe and last alot shorter 1-2 days max, but doesnt even work for me. Maybe amphetamines are too "strong" for me?

I diagnosed with ADD and was prescribed Adderall 20mg XR when I was about 22 years old, and I didn't have a problem at all except slightly dry mouth. I'm 32 and decided to try ADD meds again bc I cant concentrate. I'm stumped by these symptoms. Maybe brand name is better for Adderall?

background: I have hyperthyroidism and maybe slightly above high-blood pressure.
   weird,  new side effect.  maybe related to blood pressure rise.  that would be easy to check out.
   concerta is a long lasting ritalin.  You might try a stronger dose of ritalin.  It would be out of your system in 4 hours instead of 8 (give or take) with concerta.
    Adderall is a amphetamine while ritalin/concerta is a methylphenidate.
   The symptoms should ease at night when the meds no longer in system.  If the symptoms are still there, it may not be related.  Could be an ear problem that just happened at same time?  Hope this helps a little.
ive had a serious head injury in 2003 and have impacted wisdom teeth. i've been prescribed adderall IR (not XR sorry) few months before the head injury and adderall worked fine. could be physiological as one psych RN told me. Perhaps the head injury affected my ears as I have slight tinnitus and on and off ear aches. Your input will be considered (not as medical advice, of course). Thank you.