Aa
A
A
Close
please help addrall questtion.
I had half my thyroid took out 8 weeks ago..my hormone levels are in range...but im very tired all the time. like go to bed sleep a hour, in 30 min back to bed. Work is bad..i may be hypothyroidism..I have to go see a endo in 3 weeks..

I went to see my gp doc he didn't want to give me the hormone med, so he gave me ( 10 mgs of Adderall)!!

I read on this med, then I better come to this board..im a member here long time now.. can you tell me anything this med would do for my sleepy 24/7..i know people with add or addhd,dont effect you like it may or may not me?? I've read its more less a speed?? my pharmacy says I've never heard this being gave for extreme  fatigue, she said if you take it break in half or a half of a half..cuz the less you take may help you, or still make you hyper..

so can anyone tell me what you think me stating a 2.5 mg or a 5 mg,,i wont take a 10 mg..I went to a people forum on this they loved it..i just need enough to get me in check to see my new doc in 3 weeks. Please help me,,thanks
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
189897 tn?1441130118
     Since Adderall is also prescribed for narcolepsy, I think that this would not be an unusual prescription.  
     And, yes!  I would certainly try as low a dose as possible and work your way slowly up.  Its onset is about 30 mins and can last 4 to 8 hours.
    Ritalin works sooner and is usually over in about 4 hours.  Thus, its slightly better for "on demand" occasions
   Gotta be maddening to wait 3 weeks to see your endo.    Google your condition.  There is a lot online.
    Hope this helps.  Best wishes..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
San Pedro, CA
ADD / ADHD Community Resources