ADD / ADHD Community
side effects after 3 years on vyvanse
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

side effects after 3 years on vyvanse

i have been taking vyvanse 70mgs for about 3 1/2 years or more.  when i first started it, it was wonderful--i was full of energy and getting things done.  it made such a difference that my husband didn't want me to go off of it even when we lost our health insurance.  it was costing too much, so i had to switch to something else for awhile, but went back on vyvanse as soon as i could.    over the last six months i have noticed that my vision has been getting more blurry all the time.  i have also started to have the shakes every morning.  some days i can get rid of the shakes and others i fight all day to get rid of them.  i have been taking clonazepam, but switched to xanax while starting a new antidepressant---which i could not tolerate.  the shakes have increased dramatically after stopping the antidepressant--but i only took a low dose and quickly backed it down because it made my skin crawl and made me shake.  it has been two weeks since i have taken any of the anti depressant.  i am beginning to think that i can no longer tolerate the vyvanse.  besides the shakes and blurry vision, i feel like my heart is pounding at times, i notice little twitches here and there, i have trouble going to sleep sometimes, i have started having tightness in my chest and feeling short of breath.  i have started to back off the vyvanse.  i am opening up the capsule and taking about half of the medication.  i would like to quit it all together, but have been told i need to go slowly off of it.

has anyone else started having problems with an ADHD medication after taking it successfully for awhile?

i read through the side effects and realized that a number of other problems i already had could also be side effects of vyvanse---which makes me wonder if the vyvanse could be making those problems worse.  i already have headache problems and aching muscles and anxiety and depression---all of which have gotten worse over the last several years.  i'm thinking this medication has worn out it's welcome in my body---and, i don't seem to get the same help from it that i did originally.  what do you all think?