stimulant
Does anyone know of a stimulant besides Adderoll ,that could help me concentrate
or a natural herb of any sort,something that will not increase heart rate and permanetly damage
anything...?!?
please and thanks ,you would be  a life saviour!
litteraly....
-S
I wouldn't say its safer?   But in my expierience (I have taken both as well), Ritalyn (really any type of methylphenadate) is much better than adderall.    Adderall made me feel physically terriable where as i love Concerta (methylphenadate).   But if your really adverse to taking medications you should try just meditating.   For me it works great but then again i still take the meds.
RE: "Does anyone know of a stimulant other than Adderal...or herb or anything that can help ADHD?" Yes! I have searched for years to find an alternative to medication that works and have finnally found it. It is working for my son when nothing else has: l-theanine, an amino acid from green tea. One thing is very important, though. It is crucial that the correct form is used. Several supplements contain the d as well as the l form and are not as effective. The patented form from Japan, called Suntheanine, is the one which has been used in all of the controlled studies and is used in Japan as a recognized treatment for ADHD. It is now available in capsule form in the US.   All of the trial test results are the same - l-theanine is highly effective in the treatment of ADHD due to its ability to balance the neurotransmiters implicated in ADHD. The latest studies postulate that theanine modulates the levels of neurotransmitters, ie - if one's dopamine levels are too high, theanine lowers it. If one's serotonin levels are too low - it raises it. It also promotes alpha brain waves - the waves we have when we are calm, yet alert. Improvements are seen in concentration, learning, behavior, mood, irritability, etc. within 30 minutes of ingesting it. The following stores sell the Jananese Suntheanine under their label - Vitamin Shop, GNC, and several others on the web. Be sure it say's Suntheanine. As an alternative, the high grade japanese green tea grown in the shade and harvested in the spring can be used. However, one cup of the highest grade tea contains about 25mg. theanine. The amount to get a theraputic effect for ADHD is 100 to 200 mg. taken two or three times a day - so thats a lot of tea! One might drink the tea and augment it with the supplements to get the added benefits from the tea -antioxidants, etc. Some people take about 600 mg or higher - depends on each individual. tests show it is very safe at high dosages. Also, be sure to supplement with Omega 3 fatty acids - EPA, DHA, and the good Omega 6 - GLA. Oftentimes, ADHD is caused by a defiency in the omega's. Good luck and God bless.