ADD / ADHD Community
what doctors dont want you to know!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

what doctors dont want you to know!!

i m so mad at those threads that are scearing people from taking their meds.ive read such horrid stories on adhd medicins that i quit taking my meds.i told my doctor about it and he put me back on my meds.i wonder how much of this is true ? if you google ritalin deaths ,you find all kind of horror stories,,well this is the meds that made dramatic good changes in my life,but after reading this i always feel scared when i take my meds,,and think about what possible harm it might be doing to my body ,I was so scared i thought i would just die in my sleep or have those "sudden ritalin death" they discripe on those threads,,they even have pictures of young children and teenager that suposed to have died from taking those meds as doctor descriped.What do you think??
  I think that (from my extensive experience) that 90% of it is bogus.  If you had some undiagnosed mental condition sauch as being bipolar then a amphetimine can bring on manic attacks which could lead to suicide. This scenario is plausible. Others I've read online aren't. I and three of my children have been taking these drugs for over 10 years and have no adverse side effects except difficulty falling asleep and a lack of appetite. I agree that these pills are overprescribed but for those of us who really needed it they are a god send.