ADD / ADHD Community
why is it that my child likes to have sexual thoughts at the age of 8

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

My child is 8 years old and she was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 4.But throughout these past 4 years she has been saying sexual explicit things to other children, telling and asking them to do things of sexual nature.
It's so scary to me because she's only 8 and she does see a doctor.they've said that she might have been sexually molested b/c she had recently recorded a message on a cell phone saying in these words: "**** me in my *** and my cuddie" and started moaning " And they based that recording on her being sexually molested.Also her being the aggressive person in these acts. Could this be possible or and can they just base that on a message? Please help me understand what can happen or could i fight this somehow?
Tags: children
I have four children aged 4 - 18

She has definately been exposed to sexual behaviour.  This is an emergency and you should get help today.

No child knows about thes things, they have to see them somewhere.  The Doctor said 'she might have been molested" What kind of a doctor is that? he should have phoned the emergency services straight away.
Is she on any type of medication for her ADD?  I'm only asking because sometimes my Adderall (adderrall) aggravates my Bipolar and makes me a little hypersexual....but in an 8 year old?? Highly, HIGHLY unlikely...at least to me.

But Therese is right....she HAD to hear those things from somewhere, even if it was television, neighbor, family member,...even if they were joking or talking to each other.  But her being sexually aggressive to other children is extremely troublesome, I would take her to a doctor immediately (preferably a child psychologist or therapist) and open up a dialogue with her about where she heard these things.  

Check out the people who have been pertinant in her life and she has spent a lot of time alone with, this seems like a learnt behavior, ask her pertinant questions and you may get answers and protect your child.
I think that your child has been sexually abused the behavior is tooo extreme to over look have you talked to your daughter and asked her where she is coming up with this kind of talk? I have to believe that someone has done something to her why would she be this advance in a sexual way? I have a 6 year boy he has no idea of sex! and thats healthy your daughters behavior is not. my suggestion is go and have her examed by a doctor see if everything is okay and sit and talk with her dont make her feel like she is in trouble tell her you are worried for her and want to help her. the biggest thing for sexually abused girls is we are scared that we will be in trouble or we are ashamed to tell anyone  ( i was sexually abuse for 5 years from my step dad and i felt alll these feeling) she also coudl be acting out htis way becasue she is mad that this has happend to her and this is her way of getting somene to noitce her to me its a cry for help!! Go and talk to her and take her to a doctor to have her checked out make sure nobody has stolen her innocence!!!!!!!!!!
Neyney is correct abused children feel that somehow it is their fault ,this little girl has to be told she didnt  do anything wrong,  she is acting out and behaving towards other children as she has been abused herself,, Act today if you havent already, check out all people even family over the years she has been alone with, and ask her the pertinant questions.
I'm not sure what you mean by fight something?  Put aside the cell phone comment and you wrote yourself that she has been talking sexual since the age of 4?  My son is six and has no idea about sex.  Please please, get help NOW!  Your in denial right now and have been if this has really been happening for 4 years.  I agree with everyone on this post - take a look at friends, family, people you are close with and then work your way out.  This little girl is in a state of turmoil right now and the writing is right on the wall for you.  
I hope it is not true about being molested but you need to seek professional help for her.
With all the material I have read and what I know about ADHD myself, I have never heard this as a symptom.  Maybe it's possible if she is on meds but she has heard this from somewhere.
Good luck...but please do not do nothing.