ADD / ADHD Community
why would adderall(adderrall) not show up in a pee test?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

I take morphine, Percocet, and Adderall (adderrall) daily, and I had to take a **** test for my pain doctor, and Adderall (adderrall) didn't show up on 2 test, I drink a lot of pop, water, and also been on antibiotics at the times they test me, could that make Adderall (adderrall) not show up?
   My only guess would be that they were not specifically testing for stim meds.   It normally should show up no matter what you are taking.
They must not have tested for it.  

When I had to take a pee test (for work) it came up as amphetamines.

Always disclose the fact that you are taking adderall (adderrall) before a urine test.  Bring the current prescription bottle and show them.  

I was working for the state of California and that was all they required.
they was testing for it, it was my pain doctor and they did a test in dec, and march and it did not show up at all. and they stopped most of my pain meds because of it, and I am so lost on why it is not showing up, it should be there, and it is not
      Not sure why your pain doctor would WANT it to be there.  I would think that if anything he would NOT want it to be there and stopped your pain meds because it was there.  You might want to clarify this with him.
I am suppose to be on Adderall (adderrall) also, from my other doctor also, and pain meds from just them
    Ya, thats the point.  Adderall (adderrall) will show up in tests - and its a pretty easy drug test.  I wonder if your pain doctor does realize you have a prescription for it?  Perhaps he feels that you are abusing stimulant medications?  Anyway, it all leads back to you finding out from him what is going on.
it wasn't showing up in my pee test, and I take it, and I am so lost on why it is not showing up, in dec, and march, but my other doctor does give it to me, and the pain doctor does not give it to me, but for some odd reason it is not showing up in a pee test
   Ok, thats the problem.  There is no reason why I can think that they would stop your pain meds if the stim meds were not showing up.  To me, I think its possible that you misunderstood what was going on.  
   Stim meds should show up for at least one day after ingestion.  Typically it will show for two to three days after (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/amphetamines/amphetamines_testing.shtml).
   Thus, if you have taken the med within probably 48 hours of the test, it should show.
   The question for your doctor is why is he stopping the pain meds if the stim meds don't show up?  You do need to know what is going on.  My guess is that the stim meds are showing up - if you are taking them as prescribed and that is why the doctor is making his decision.  
   Both pain meds and stim meds can be addictive. If you are seeing two different doctors then maybe its time for the doctors to talk to each other.