Feed back if Anyone has ever taken this
i have been taking 1 mg 3 X's a day for the past 11 years....since I began treatment for My Opiate addiction and started on Methadone where i am currently at 20 mgs and tapering / detoxing off of it (NEVER did I surpass 40mg's by the way)

But since I began the Taper I have noticed I have had anxiety attacks last night I did not sleep but 1 hour? Which ***** so bad  I hate sleep deprevation it makes me feel as so nervous driving my son and his friends around.....

I really want to talk to my doctor about the posibility of changing my dose to ---The Extended Release Xanax I found in my Rx insurance book under "Covered RX'S"

I am SURE I have built up a tolerance after 11 years there is NO doubt about that...I just do not want to be in another boat and go thru my script each month and suffer WHEN I have the knowledge insurance and Understand HOW addicting Xanax CAN BE...LETME REPEAT MYSELF...I have NEVER ABUSE THIS DRUG...all the others such as my pain meds or Alcohol YES....But i followed the amount  to the T!!! for 11 years!!1

So I do NOT plan on detoxing or Tapering off of them so if that is anyones advice, please do not bother replying?? I am not trying to be RUDE Its just that I have HEARD it before.....MANY MANY TIMES....I was originally diagnosed with Severe Anxiety/panic attacks which lasted for 2 years. I was literally paralyzed with fear...I tried YOGO, Accupuncture, you name it....
I then started having SEVERE episodes which hindered me to go anywhere without knowing EXACTLY WHERE THE bathroom was....
Then I went to a Gastrointerologist who said the same thing "My anxiety is causeing the IBS"....so he suggested I just continue to follow my Dr.s advice and medication use becuz if I werern't already taking .5 mgs 4 x's day back in 2001 he would prescribe it for my  symptoms....
I maintained my healthy eating habits, stopped drinking alcohol as It was a stimulant for my IBS....

So I have NO PLANS On EVER living that life again....
Can anyone offer any advice if they have ever taken the Xanax ER???

Thanks in Advance,
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
renae176 I think Jack is teething he... Comment
mhv commented on photo
KeeLolo commented on photo