ADDICTION RECOVERY GROUP User Group
This is my first step - I NEED to quit!
About This Group:

You have gone threw withdrawl and you are off ALL of drugs now.Here comes that hard part staying clean .Long term recovery is hard and takes continous work and support .Learning and dealing with PAWS. Learning what trigger set us off .This is all sort of thing we will dicuss in the group . Avis

Founded by avisg on November 5, 2009
287 members

This is my first step - I NEED to quit!

I need to quit 10/325 x 6 a day...

Started at just 1-2 units a week, I just came across it via dentist and it was a break from chronic sometimes bad sometimes not so bad back pain from a major car accident that happened when i was 15 years old.

Reading so many posts online i guess this story is just the same, maybe boring to some, for me i feel like its a choice of life and death right now.

Somehow once a week became once a night, then every morning and night.... I stayed at a zone of 2-3 units for four years and then jumped to 4 daily in 2009, in 2011 I jumped to six per day and been there for about a year.

NOW I WANT TO STOP FOREVER

I cannot do cold turkey, i tried a few times in past few months, i could not go more than 12+ hours, chills, sweat, not able to work at all etc.

The only way out that I can fathom is tapering - i feel like i could do it - if i had a viable plan, if i had sound advice from people who have been through this.

I have too many reasons to quit and no reason not to except if i turned to a clinic to get off i would not need to "out" my addiction. I cant - i would loose my family my job etc would do me more harm then good.

I need to taper - with a plan - how fast can i taper, hints, tips etc

How does this forum work? if there is someone out there willing to coach me, help me, direct me - you will have saved my life.

PLEASE HELP ME  

Bad Co loves baseball season! Comment
1 hr ago
VICourageous commented on nonights's status
VICourageous commented on nursegirl6572's status