ADDICTION RECOVERY GROUP User Group
Tramadol Withdrawal.... HELP!
About This Group:

You have gone threw withdrawl and you are off ALL of drugs now.Here comes that hard part staying clean .Long term recovery is hard and takes continous work and support .Learning and dealing with PAWS. Learning what trigger set us off .This is all sort of thing we will dicuss in the group . Avis

Founded by avisg on November 5, 2009
290 members

Tramadol Withdrawal.... HELP!

I need help, plain and simple... I have been abusing tramadol for almost 4 years now. I have been taking 15-20 pills a day for the last year or two. I don't know what it was the other night but I decided that enough is enough! I am going to beat this. Well I took my last pill at 1 am on the morning of December 31st. I got through the first 19 hours before I finally gave into the temptation of taking some more. Given my dependance on the drug for almost 4 years now, i am afraid I am not going to be able to quit cold turkey and will need to taper down. Long story short, I ended up taking 12 pills yesterday simply so I could get some sleep. On top of that, last night was new years eve and I sat in my apartment alone, which added to the depression. While it was much less than my typical 16 or so a day it still was not 0. I already feel like a failure after only one day.

I know this will take time and patience, I just need hope. the worst part of this whole thing is the depression and anxiety. I have a wonderful family who means the world to me. My dad is one of the greatest men I know and my mom is the most caring sympathetic woman I have ever met. I could not ask for more. That is what makes this so much more worse. I feel like the worst person in the world because they do not deserve this. They are tremendous people who have always provided and cared for me in any way imaginable. I feel like I can not do this without them but I know that it is not fair to come to them with this. They do not deserve this pain and worry. It would crush their world and i can't do that to them. This is the main source of my depression and anxiety right now. When you put work on top of that, it spirals out of control. I am going to beat this. I am going to have to taper down and I know it will not be easy but I am going to do this. i need hope and advice. What can I do for the anxiety and depression? What makes this easier to cope with? Please help!!
starshine7 commented on Bubulous's status
renae176 commented on renae176's status
renae176 commented on photo