need advise on withdraw
I've been on hydrocodone for 4 or 5 yrs. Wanted to quit long time ago. But was afraid of the withdraw. My live in boyfriend doesn't know. I have been afraid of him noticing me sick. But now i'm quiting. I had my last one on 3/6/2013. Wow. Didn't think I could go that long. I need Abby advise on how to handle this. Was bad first day, little better today. Really want to get off them. I cut myself down to 2 - 7.5 a day. That helped. Thanks
I know how you feel.  I was on them for 4 years.  Snorted Them.  Ended up losing my job and apartment..  Me and my 7 year old daughter ended up at my mothers.  She had an ambulance come take me to the hospital cause I was passed out on the couch and wouldn't wake up.  Ended up being kicked out of my moms house after that.  I had no choice but to go to rehab. I went thru 7 rehab/hospitals till I finally gave it up.  The withdrawls everytime was hell.  I would have to first get a patch of medication so I wouldn't have seizures but still went through the pain, sleeplessness,sweats, constapation, throwing up and hallucinating.  If you can ween yourself off of them I suggest that.  I couldn't.  I put myself through hell but I finally quit, got my daughter back.  Got on disability for anxiety and depression got an apartment.  Got a part time job and just living life.  But now I'm addicted to ritalin.  Good Luck.  If you can live with the pain I would stop taking them ASAP!    
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
stilltrying1965, 10356, and VICourageous commented on 10356's status
44 mins ago
stilltrying1965 Your choice could be your l... Comment
53 mins ago
renae176 commented on renae176's status