ADDICTION RECOVERY GROUP User Group
need advise on withdraw
About This Group:

You have gone threw withdrawl and you are off ALL of drugs now.Here comes that hard part staying clean .Long term recovery is hard and takes continous work and support .Learning and dealing with PAWS. Learning what trigger set us off .This is all sort of thing we will dicuss in the group . Avis

Founded by avisg on November 5, 2009
291 members

need advise on withdraw

I've been on hydrocodone for 4 or 5 yrs. Wanted to quit long time ago. But was afraid of the withdraw. My live in boyfriend doesn't know. I have been afraid of him noticing me sick. But now i'm quiting. I had my last one on 3/6/2013. Wow. Didn't think I could go that long. I need Abby advise on how to handle this. Was bad first day, little better today. Really want to get off them. I cut myself down to 2 - 7.5 a day. That helped. Thanks
1 Comment
I know how you feel.  I was on them for 4 years.  Snorted Them.  Ended up losing my job and apartment..  Me and my 7 year old daughter ended up at my mothers.  She had an ambulance come take me to the hospital cause I was passed out on the couch and wouldn't wake up.  Ended up being kicked out of my moms house after that.  I had no choice but to go to rehab. I went thru 7 rehab/hospitals till I finally gave it up.  The withdrawls everytime was hell.  I would have to first get a patch of medication so I wouldn't have seizures but still went through the pain, sleeplessness,sweats, constapation, throwing up and hallucinating.  If you can ween yourself off of them I suggest that.  I couldn't.  I put myself through hell but I finally quit, got my daughter back.  Got on disability for anxiety and depression got an apartment.  Got a part time job and just living life.  But now I'm addicted to ritalin.  Good Luck.  If you can live with the pain I would stop taking them ASAP!    
Heather8448 commented on She needed a hero, so...
renae176 Ob appt went well, 3 weeks ... Comment
ang_811 commented on ang_811's status