ALS Community
ALS ???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).

ALS ???

What does prolonged tibial distal motor latency bilaterally on EMG mean ...have herniation on L4/5 but no radiating pain - just calf weakness in right leg and gait issues, marked limp when walking.  Only other comment on EMG report is- - denervation and partial reinnervation of right gastrocnemius muscle.
Had Bakers Cyst which ruptued behind right knee..also varicose veins stripped in same leg and loss of feeling and numbeness in lower part of leg around ankle as a result....thinking ALS is possible diagnosis.
with tibial and calf you're speaking of different muscles.

did you see the MRI ? how big is the herniation?

I had something on the tibial muscle on the left leg on the EMG but doctors ignored it.

I'm almost limping on the left foot.

what exactly are your symptoms? do you have any other symptoms at all , even apparently unrelated, and when did it all begin?

The tibial nerve is not firing normally and there is only muscle weakness in right calf muscle - no pain radiating from disc herniation at L4/5 - and no pain in leg - but very pronounced limp in right leg progressively worse in past 8 months due to the weakness in calf. The MRI of L4/5 was was mild to moderate and not conclusive in terms of causing the muscle weakness in leg - although the report said there could possibly some nerve compression  on right- so sent off for EMG- ...limp is quite dehabilitating and worrying...
sorry I hadn't noticed the part on the gastrocnemius muscle.

do you suffer from Psoriasis or is there a predisposition to Psoriasis in the family?

which blood tests did you take? were all tests for autoimmune diseases negative?

I've been having a similar issue but on the left leg, there's numbness around the ankle like you describe too. I'm almost limping on it. I have the same symptoms also on the left hand and pain in the left eye too, so all on the left side of the body...

do you have any other symptoms?
when did the problem begin, were you perfectly fine before or you had other "episodes" in the past?

No blood tests yet- no psoriasis ...seeing neurologist this week for further investigation. Wishing you all the best...