ALS Community
Al's progressing maybe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).

Al's progressing maybe

Here is my symtoms (symptoms) fatigue, muscle twitching all over, constantly getting worse by the day I get them anywhere u could think I also am noticing my jaw is getting tired easier and I have had twitching for about 2 yrs it didn't start to bug me and make me think about it until dec 18th 2011 the twitches r the most dormant in the morning when I wake up then as the day progresses they always get worse and if I shoot hoops or something I notice my biceps and triceps twitching if I flex sometimes I can make them twitch I'm scared I also get this feeling that I'm drunk that also gets worse like I can keep my balance jus fine but I start movin around and stuff it jus feels like I'm bouncing of jello that's the best I can put is like it feels like I'm drunk I also notice I get fairly easy. Cramps no weakness besides maybe the jaw most likely but pretty strong noticing hand muscles or joints kinda hurt more if I clench them idk I jus don't feel right they have ran so many tests and nothing has came up full. Blood panels you name it that's why I'm scared your guyses input helps thank you and I am 17 yrs old almost 18 haven't felt like myself for about two years now two and a half yrs your input is greatly appreciated
people please respond
asap thanks so much
?
Is there anyone that can help please?
Have you had an examination by a neurologist? ALS is characterised by progressive muscle weakness and muscle atrophy, if you do not have muscle weakness and muscle loss (atrophy) then you do not have ALS.
Well I'm getting an EMG on the 20th I'm scared cuz either way imma be sad cuz I wanna kno wut this is but I don't want it to be anything serious and in curable
nervous keep your fingers crossed
Good Luck
well he only did 6 needles and he had me flex my muscle for around 4-15 seconds on each and he also did a shock thing on my foot and said everything was normal but the thing is when i flex my muscle it doesnt twitch its when i just like use it really quick kinda like im not flexing it the hole time just if i use it for a second two i notice it in my hand when i grip a golf club or on my face after i stop chewin stuff like that it stops when i flex it for that long do you have any input
If EMG clean then no nerve damage hence NOT ALS. Possibility is peripheral neuropathy with overexcited nerves (caused by a virus infection??), if so will improve with time, symptoms lessen. I had a peripheral neuropathy of unknopwn origin with muscle cramps, spasms,  twitching and neuropathic pain.Took some 1 5months for symptoms to subside.
damn well there looking up some stuff its been gettting worse now for at least 24months but i never really noticed it getting worse until 5 or 6 months ago but they only ran one nerve damage testing on my left foot said it was normal then he did 6 needles