Do I have ALS?
I have a couple of things going on with me, so I am worried. I have muscle twitches that I have had for as long as I can remember. But now that I read about ALS I notice them more often. I don't know if this is in my head or I just have more of them for a reason like ALS. My wife thinks I always worry about every little thing and that I am fine. The other thing about two months ago I thought I pulled a muscle or something behind my leg right behind the knee.   I do work out alot. However it is not healing fast. about 2wks ago it was feeling much better for about a week and then I went back to the gym and used the leg machine and I am hurting again. When I first get up from sitting or laying down it hurts for the 1st five steps then it does not hurt as much. I don.t appear to have a muscle loss or weakness I can still lift a good amount of weight. I became a type 2 diabetic this year as well. Should I be worried does it sound like a possibility of ALS. I do notice that my leg hurts bad when I bend it calf touching hamstring. Will appreciate a response.
From all I have read on this, the muscle twitches come after the muscle weakness, not before. Muscle twitches are very common and are usually benign. Maybe you just have BFS. I am certainly not an expert (I have questions regarding my own possible ALS), but once the muscle weakness sets in, I think it is terminal, i.e., it does not get better for a while, then return etc. It sounds like you just have an injury to your leg. Have you had x-rays etc? I don't think you have anything to worry about concerning ALS.
Thank you for getting back with me. I will find out more in two weeks when I see my Doctor. My wife thinks I just have an injury as well.  I had also heard that pain most of the time does not start with ALS, weakness is the first sign. Things like stumbling or tripping maybe dropping things. A doctor I talked to on line thinks that I have something called a bakers cyst I did look it up a few hours ago and it is possible. I will see. I hope things go well for you. Take care.