ALS Community
HELP FOR MND????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).

HELP FOR MND????

NEED A NEUROLOGIST!!!!
my father AGE 59 was diagonised MOTOR NEURON DISEASE( MND) .the symptoms started around 3 years ago with trembling of hands and muscle wasting. we consulted many Doctors but the disease was not diagonised by any til this years september. he also is going through depression because of faliure to do any kind of basic physical work. doctors told us that there is no cure for MND. PLEASE HELP !!!
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your father. The symptoms can be controlled by medications, physiotherapy and rehabilitation. It is natural for him to feel depressed. You can take your father for counseling and rehabilitation. This will help him deal with his disease and find ways to overcome them and get on with his life. You can also help him join MND support groups (on net and in your city). Take care!