ALS Community
Help! What's wrong with my husband??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).

Help! What's wrong with my husband??

My 30 year old husband started out with pain and weakness in his neck. He said it felt like if he bent over and someone tried to push his head down while he tried to push it back up for about five minutes straight kind of tired/weak. Then in the past few weeks he began to have the same feelings in his arms. He had an MRI and the found a few minor bulging discs in his neck. I thought we might have found an answer, but he's not convinced. Now he has numbness and tingling in his left leg as well. I'm a nervous wreck!! What's wrong with him??? He still has function in his hands and feet. Could it just be anxiety? Or more serious?? :-(((( we've read too much on the internet.
I forgot to mention he's having muscles twitches in his arms and legs also.  :-(
Spine and neck dislocations (even the most minor dislocations) can cause neurologic problems. My young daughter was a semi-invalid for four years. We took her to the finest specialists. Zilch. Then we took her to a very gifted chiropractor and in 2-1/2 weeks she was without pain, moving normally, and on the road to recovery. That summer she was riding a bicycle.

Your neck problem can have far-reaching effects. I would also look to the rest of the spine.
See he's not really in PAIN. Just says his muscles feel weak (tired) and twitchy. Would a neck cause problems ALL over?
Can someone please share some light on what could be going on? He went back to the doc on Friday and got a referral to a neurologist. He is weak all over, but mainly in his right arm and left leg. Sometimes the bottom of his left foot has a hot sensation. If he uses his hands or anything much at all they become very fatigued. He's having muscle twitches all over. When he told his doc he was worried about ALS the doctor said that his symptoms COULD be a sign of ALS. He really freaked him out!!! He still has function and strength in his hands and feet and his swallowing and speech is fine. What is going on with him?!?!?!?
Hi, I highly doubt he has ALS, my brother suffered with that and his symptoms were quite not like your husbands. My brother first started out with a trip and fall at work (they thought it was work related so they took him off work) he went through months and months of seeing dr's and specialists and finally diagnosed with ALS. This disease is very rare. After the fall at work his foot began to drop as he walked then slowly his whole left side; fingers, legs and arms began to slowly be affected. he suffered for three years with this terrible disease. Have they checked your husband for MS? I pray his diagnosis is anything but ALS at least he'll have life. God bless you and please keep us posted.