ALS Community
I need answers please help me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).

I need answers please help me?

I had a tumor removed from my frontal lobe the Neurologist said it had been there for years and it was benign but after the surgery I had sever depression, panic attacks, trouble sleeping I could remember everything in my past like it was yesterday but I would forget little things like where i place things. I am on 7 different medicatons and one is for memory how can social security turn me down?
Hi!
Well, frontal lobe is responsible for memory and social behavior. However, depression and panic attacks can be due to post surgery trauma. This can be treated by counseling and behavior therapies and people are known to overcome this and move on with life.  
Memory is a grey area. If you have an otherwise intact memory, forgetting little things could be due to tension. You need a complete battery of memory testing to ascertain the degree of memory loss. Please discuss with your treating doctor. Take care!