ALS Community
Scared of weakness and fasciculations
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scared of weakness and fasciculations

Hi all, I'm a 19 year old male of south Indian descent, am slightly obese, and have normal bloodwork. I do not have a history of anxiety.

On September 6th, I noted that my left shoulder felt sore after carrying a 20 pound bag on it for about a mile. I decided it was due to DOMS and didn't give it a second thought, however the fasciculations (that I've been having all my life) increased in frequency in the wake of my soreness and although they are generalized and only happen a few times a day (5-10), I'm beginning to become concerned. My left shoulder hurts slightly when I flex it and always has this barely palpable feeling of soreness or weakness that intensifies slightly after doing work with it. It feels like the soreness one's muscles might feel after doing a light workout, except the feeling never goes away. It goes away just fine on my right shoulder after I exert it.

Does anyone have any input on what this could possibly be?
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
ALS like symptoms with muscle fatigue and fasciculations can be due to fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, severe anemia, spinal nerve compression high up in the cervical spine, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritic changes of the vertebrae, calcium deficiency, low Vit D, electrolyte disturbance, peripheral neuropathy due to diabetes or hypothyroidism or due to bad posture. Lyme and lupus are the other possibilities. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
ALS Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...