ALS Community
Tingling In Feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).

Tingling In Feet

Wondering if might be early signs of ALS

I am a 66 year old male.

I have been getting a tingling feeling in both feet after walking for 8- 10 minutes, the feeling extends up my leg to the thigh area. it started about 2 months ago.

It occurs when I am walking on street, sidewalk or in stores and malls, I do not have any problem doing yard work cutting grass, putting down mulch.

I went to the doctor and he has given me a neurologist to see, I will have a consultation but not until August.
I had liipid, tyhroid, B12 and CBC  blood test and the only reading out of the norm is mono% which has a reading of 12.8

Should I be looking at other procedures or test between now and August

What is your vitamin B12 result?

I have been diagnosed with ALS. Tingling is not a sign or symptom of ALS. ALS only affects the motor neurons so there is no pain, no loss of senses, no other sensations. ALS symptoms are: a loss of movement and range, loss of muscle, and muscle twitching.
I am not a doctor but I would tell you, "Don't worry, its not ALS".
To me your symptoms look like a pinched nerve around the sacrum and lumbar spine. A kinesiologist would help you with that.
But, the worst case to leg tingling could be MS. Get an MRI on your brain to find out.
Good Luck to you.