ALS Community
als chronic twitching question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).

als chronic twitching question

I started twitching in august of 2010, I saw a neurologist and had an EMG in october, which presented with negative findings and was told I have BFS
    the twitching continued occasionally setting into a spot for 1-3 days and than jumpin around at random
in Feb, of 2011 I began having symptoms twitching in my tounge. I went to a different Neurologst in late march for a second opinion and had a seperate EMG with negative findings..
    I was happy with that an relatively twitch free since than
However for the past 6 days I have had constant (and I mean it doesn't stop for longer than 30 seconds) twitchin in 1 small strand of muscle in my left shoulder at first they where big twitches I could feel and when I couldn;t feel them I thought they where on the mend, unitll I took my shirt off and realized they are still going on.. I have no noticeable weakness at this time but some fatigue in the shoulder probably from the constant firing of the muscle.
  I do have a ridiculous amount of tightness in the trapezius muscie on that side however.
I am concerned because this is the most consistant twitcing I;ve had in 1 spot for so long. meaning I;ve had fascics in spots for longer but this one is ever present, I'm wondering if this is just bfs.. a gym injury, or perhaps the first sign of something more serious. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shoulder still fasciculating in the same spot.. it;s been 9 days now... I did 2 sets of 60 pushups yesterday in addition to my regular workout (no noticeable weakness) but my should twitches like clock work about once every second.. my Last emg was performed in the same deltoid in late April (just looked it up) it was negative
despite these could the ever present anterior deltoid twitching be indicative of als? I'm freaking out here so if anyone could offer some words of wisdom it;d be great.
Seeing a neuro on monday so hopefully something good will come out of it.
THanks
did you twitching ever resolve? i've had a twitch in the same spot for 6 weeks. what was the diagnosis? thanks.