ALS Community
als or anxiety?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

als or anxiety?

this is what ive been going thru recently
may15- panick attack out of no where with no prior history of anxiety. 20 years old. chest hurting, naseau, cold/ hot sensations on my body, forarms locking up, blacking out. all this occured me driving back home after college semester ended with no warning.
may25- was put on lexapro, worst 2 weeks of my life, felt horrible, on top of anxiety, and had 3 panic attacks a day.
june- july felt good until it wore off, then always had anxiety, heart palpitations, frequent parathesia, seeing bright lights, spots, hot flashes.
august- weened off lexapro, good for a bout month, never got panic attack but got anxiety, and had frequent headaches, palpitations, chest pain, shortness of breathe like asthmatic breathing.
Now recently-  my mucscles started twitching involuntarily all over then my tongue started twitching, i have no swallowing/speech difficulties to what i think or see/hear/feel but also the back of my throat seems to twitch and my back nerve constricts when i swallow. also my limbs feel "lazy", not weak but lazy.. im still pretty strong... idk what to do. before may 15 i had a perfect life. to this day i pray i dont have ALS or MS. ive lost 20 pounds , and doctors seem to not take me serious, cuz i look fine. im 5'11 200 pounds and used to play college ball but stopped due to injuries. i hope the hits didnt mess up my brain and now i have a slow neuro-disorder. input would help, idk what to think anymore.. ive read online if its als or anything i wont know till i cant move or talk then ill know.. but id rather hear from everyone cuz im literally scared everyday now. sorry for the long post. :(
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
I would suggest you get the blood levels of the following checked if they have not already been checked: potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, vitamin B complex, or vitamins B1, B3, or B6 and Vitamin D. Generally deficiencies of any of the above can cause muscle twitching and spasms in localized or generalized areas of the body. Get your kidney function, parathyroid gland function and adrenal function tests done because these affect the electrolyte balance in the body. Stress, alcohol, caffeine and fatigue all cause similar symptoms. Hence if you take alcohol or coffee then cut this down. Sleep at regular hours and see if it helps. Certain sleep disorders and peripheral nerve disorders due to diabetes, Lyme's, lupus or hypothyroidism can also be the cause.
Paresthesias or abnormal sensations (like hot and cold) due to peripheral neuropathies secondary to diabetes, thyroid disorders, Lyme's or lupus should also be ruled out. H. pylori infection of the stomach should also be ruled out.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please discuss with your treating doctor. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
ALS Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...