father has als
My father was told that he has als. He was having problems talking and swallowing. He is now on a feeding tube. I was just wondering if you could tell me what stage this is or how long he has? I am not sure when he was told that he had this. My father is 67yrs old. Is this random or generic. Any information would be great.

Evelyn
Hey evelyn
the feeding tube scenario - is probably a later stage- so how long i dont want to sound depressive but i would guess 18 to 36 months based on all i ve read- could be less I am sorry- ALS is generally not inherited but is in 10% of all cases- such is what i think i have going on but yet they can not confirm i have ALS as 3 limbs are not effected (yahoo) my father passed away in 2003 at age 73 i am 47 and do pesticides for a living
so just waiting for the diagnosis- i hope i am wrong
I truly thank you for the information that you have provided. I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your diagnosis.