ALS Community
hip and leg pain after nineteen months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).

hip and leg pain after nineteen months

Walking is very painful. I had a car accident 5 years ago and had a broken pelvis. My pelvis in the front did not heal. At a year after  surgery I started getting worse. At a second opinion the Dr realized that my pelvis was causing a lot of problems. I had pelvis surgery 3 months ago. The pain from my latest surgery went away soon after the surgery. I still have chronic severe pain when I walk and have to use a cane. I was told by another Dr. that my leg is 5/8 in to short. My replacement is to close to my body and turns in slightly. At my first post op with my Dr. had his nurse call to tell me their was nothing he could do. And he thought my pain was neurological which it isn't. Would a hip revision help.