ALS Community
leg numbness (bilateral)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

leg numbness (bilateral)

43 yr female, have leg numbness, w/ feeling. Started 2wks ago, I had gone to gym did upper body workout no obvious injury. Later in day after evening walk noticed numb feeling no pain this is in both legs, for some reason my heels have odd sensation too. I have anxiety, and have had panic attacks. Went to ER, Dr parethesia and to follow up with my doctor (appt. Tue.)  Scared of als, ER Dr had me walk on toes & heels, said if I could do that I couldn't'have it. Please if someone can help I'm driving my self crazy w/ worry
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Numbness in both legs can be due to spinal nerve compression, ALS, multiple sclerosis or due to peripheral neuropathies as in diabetes, hypothyroidism, Lyme and lupus.
You need to get investigations done such as blood tests for diabetes, hypothyroidism, Lyme and lupus, MRI and nerve conduction studies. You need to consult a neurologist for this. Take care!
Blank
Thanks for response, been to Dr had blood and urine... normal  I have health anxiety, and naturally after searching on Google think als. Dr didn't think so, but I see him again next week, and he made a neuro referal, mostly to put my mind at ease. Also prescribed Celexa for anxiety. Thanks again
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
ALS Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...