ALS Community
trapezius muscle pain, weakness and tingling in hands and feet
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

trapezius muscle pain, weakness and tingling in hands and feet

I'm a 36 year old female in fairly good health.  I'm appx. 15 lbs overweight.  For the past month my trapezius muscle has been feeling very tight, painful and weak. I'm also experiencing tingling and numbness in my right arm/ hand and headaches.  I work on the computer 5-6 hrs a day 5 days a week.  I do a lot of typing.  The weakness seems to come and go.  I have difficultly brushing my hair, teeth, pouring and objects feel heavier than usual.  The pain is on both sides and sometimes radiated to my fingers.  My muscles also twitch from time to time.  Does this sound like a pinched nerve? I have carpal tunnel.  Can carpal tunnel syndrome cause pain and weakness in the arms and shoulders?  I have to admit I'm starting to worry and concerned about ALS.  Does this sound like ALS? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.