7 yr old boy approached sexually by another boy
my son witnessed a 7 yr old neighbor perform a sexual act on his 3 year old brother. The child then has asked my son to perform sexual acts and has tried to hump and suck my sons private areas. I reported this to child services and now my son has to do a interview with law enforcement, case workers, etc present. What is so disturbing is that the father was told what happened to the toddler and he did nothing, some other kids also witnessed the act. I'm real nervous about the interview and just wonder am I doing the right thing. These 2 kids are still both in the home and I hope after my son speaks something will be done. Any advice would help me, I just want to do what is right and the best for everyone.
Yes you are right if the Authorities are dealing with it ,they will get at the truth it is possible that the children are abused them selves, as very often it is a learned /copyied behavior. You did well to report this matter it cant be easy. You may have protected other children.... well done for getting involved..
I toally agree w/ margypops!!!  Kudos to you for getting involved and helping these children!!!  So many people will get their own child out of/away from the situation, but will turn a blind eye to the others.  They don't want to get involved.....So sad....Children need adults to be their voice.  So again, kudos to you.
wow you are absolutely doing the right thing. Those poor kids. You could imagine what is being done to the 7 year old for him to know what those things are and how to do them.The father has probably been sexually abusing the boy. Definitely counsel your son about what happened. You sound extremely intelligent and I'm sure you will do the best thing. Just remember that your child will be very confused and may need some therapy. Most adult emotional problems come from trauma as a child and not being counseled about it.  
I'm very upset the caseworker tells me he talked to these people and our stories don't match, duh,  they are lieing. This is so frustrating. I pray to God justice comes out of all this and they can filter through all the lies.  After I reported them they turned around and reported on my son. They don't want to accept what their child done and so they are blaming me and now my son. They have even went so far to say that the other kids are lieing and that I have turned the entire neighborhood against them. This is so crazy and I hope child services gets to the botton of this. what do you guys think?
I think it will probably turn into a he said she said ordeal. Unless there have been things reported before you.  Hopefully they will at least monitor and check into the comings and goings of the family. You did good.
You are definitely doing the right thing. That was completely wrong and disgusting! I'm surprised that a 7 year old actually knows about this stuff. What kinda parents are they to raise their child like this?
I hope and pray that the truth about this family will be revealed. It seems so obvious to me. REally what kind of parents raise a kid like this, my anger runs so deep. I can't honestly say that I won't eventually go off on those parents, its a battle everyday to not go to their home.
I sympathise with you, could a meeting be arranged with others there to bear witness.,what is it they have come back and said your son has done .
I've not been given any details. The investigator could interview lots of people but he hasn't and he won't
Thanks for the support and for responding.  Its good to know there are people who care about people they've never even met. It looks like other kids are going to be interviewed and it seems the mom may be starting to realize that their are deeper problems that need addressing. I wish the best for that family but they are not people I want to raise my kids around.