Abuse Support Community
Bfs mother's possibly inappropriate behavior small update?

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

So for those of you that have read my previous post about my bf and his mom's behavior towards him, I gathered that about half of you think it is odd, and half of you think its just overprotective parenting type of thing. (If you havent read it, it's a long story to repeat, please read "I think my bf may have been sexually abused as a kid..and won't tell me). But anyways, the newest thing that I learned is this.. at his mom's, when we go there together, we sleep in her bed and she sleeps on the couch (there is no guest room or anything). But I found out last night that when he goes up there by himself, that him and his mom share her bed..? The bed is big enough for 2 people but barely, (smaller than a queen). Again, he is 25 years old. Doesn't that just seem odd?? I know I sure as hell would not sleep in bed with my mom for a weekend or so at a time..that is just weird to me!! Do other families do stuff like this??? I have tried talking to my dad, my aunt and her friend about it (all in separate places at different times) and they all think it is a bit odd. Again, I might be overreacting, but that's what I'm trying to figure out, because to me and both sides of my family, this is not normal. (ps, if you have not read my original post, please don't base an opinion off of just this one because there is more to it. Thanks.)
That's 100% odd. I mean it's normal to kiss your mom cuddle with her put your head on her lap but sleeping next to each other is super weird. If there's a couch I think other families out there would choose to sleep on the couch.
Only time I sleep in the same bed with my mom is when there are guests over and there is no where else to sleep so yes this does seem strange but WHO knows lol
umm i think it is odd for a grown man to sleep with his mother! especially when there is a perfectly good couch in he other room!!! but im a 21 year old woman and sometimes when i visit my mother i sleep in the bed with her! but her bed is huge!! we watch movies/tv shows all night in her bed and just pass out! but me and my mom are super close and i dont think sleeping in the same bed with her is weird in my situation anyways! but i dont do it everytime..i usually sleep in my little brothers bed and my little brother will sleep on the couch so he can have his big sissy have the bed :)..so sweet..but yea anyways like i said that does seem off for that type of situation...havnt read ur first post tho