Abuse Support Community
Danger?

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Danger?

There's this guy that I know, and we used to like each other.  We were really crushing on each other.  He was 16 and I was 14.  He would do things like hit me, punch me, trip me, kick me, etc.  One time he pushed me so hard I fell over.  He would also force me to do things.  If he wanted me to do something that I didn't want to do he would force me to do it.  He wouldn't let me leave places when I wanted to, things like that.  As far as non-physical, he would do things like call me names and stuff ("you're a loser.  Not really, but no seriously." as an example.)  but he was really sweet too.  If he thought I was upset or something he'd come over and see if I was okay.  Well we've been talking again lately and I'm just worried that I'm in danger of potentially being abused.  Were these signs of abuse or am I just being paranoid?
Tags: abuse, push, hit, force
Run a mile this guy sounds as if he has a mental problem ..do not even speak to him .if he persists speak to your parents , and the Police .You are not paranoid.
What is concerns me is that you seem unable to recognize abuse. That suggests that you grew up in an abusive environment. Normal people do not shove, hit, kick, punch, knock down or vilify the people they love - or the people they don't love for that matter.

That you should stay away from this guy is evident. However, if you don't straighten out in your head what constitutes normal behavior and what you should expect from a loving relationship, you may find yourself abused by someone just like him.